Friday, May 3, 2013

Three Views Inside San Nicolò dei Mendicoli, Dorsoduro


I'm afraid that a flu is going to keep me from writing anything today about one of the most interesting churches in Venice, but I'm sure I'd have almost nothing to add to the two very interesting and informative posts you can find below:

http://www.slowtrav.com/blog/annienc/2008/08/san_nicolo_dei_mendicoli_1.html

http://www.churchesofvenice.co.uk/dorsoduro.htm#sannicdeimend

Now please excuse me while I slither back into bed.


 

6 comments:

  1. You need St. Raphael not St. Nicholas to speed your recovery, Signore! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Andrew, for your wishes & recommendation---and the Angel Raphael church is close by dei Mendicoli!

      Delete
  2. Sorry you're feeling poorly - get well soon. And many thanks for the photos of one of my favourite smaller Venetian churches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind wishes, Mary, and I'm glad you liked the pics. After taking a few of them I realized it wasn't allowed or there would have been more. Oh well...

      Delete
  3. This is one of my favorite churches, I love it's position on the corner of the canal.

    I hope you feel better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm feeling better, finally, as it our internet, so I can finally respond. There's so much to like about this church, Susie, and you're right about the location. When I was last there, the caretaker reminded me that it used to be situated at the end of a little peninsula, sticking out into the lagoon, before the land was extended all around it. I find it easy to forget this.

      Delete