Sunday, December 31, 2017

On Practical Beauty and Christmas Trees, Revisited


I hope you'll forgive me for raiding the blog's archives a second time this month to link to a piece I first posted in December 2013 which remains, I think, perhaps the best post I've put up about the particularities, or peculiarities, of raising a child in Venice--or at least of raising a certain child here--and how they play out during the holiday season, as well as more generally:

http://veneziablog.blogspot.it/2013/12/of-practical-beauty-in-venice-and.html

Four years since this original post went up, our son's enthusiasm for the world of deliveries and logistics has only expanded and deepened. Though now, at age 10, he's a good deal taller (and heavier) than his red delivery trolley you can see in the image above.

Happy New Year!

  

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to your family!!! Thanks for being "over there" where we can ongoingly dream about Venice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember well being in Venice that December and watching your son take such good care of that tree on the vaporetto.
    All the best to you and yours for the New Year.
    Michelle (Seattle, WA)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting the tree, no matter what the method, is always one of the most fun parts of the season. A belated Happy New Year to you, Michelle, and I trust Seattle is beautiful this time of year (I lived there for a year).

      Delete